Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goodbye, And Then Hello

Yesterday we said goodbye to Cindy, our therapist. Her six months with us were up, so she turned us over to Elizabeth. She has been sitting in on our last three sessions, and she seems nice enough. Very young, but that's okay. Kelsey was young, and we loved her.

It's been nice that we haven't had much to talk about...things have been pretty quiet around here. It's weeks like this that the therapists try and get Junior to talk about his past, and most of the time he will shut down. Yesterday, he talked a little about it, and I think this is the direction we will be going with Elizabeth.

It will be interesting to see how it goes...

***************************************************

We went today and sorta did our taxes. They are all filled out, but can not be filed until I get my tax paper from Izea. I am hoping it won't be too much longer. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount we are getting back. This is the first year in a while that I have had an income, and I didn't pay any taxes on it through the year, so I knew I would have to pay now. It didn't really make a difference, though, because we still qualified for earned income credit and some other kid tax.

I am just happy that it is enough for us to pay those we owe money too, move, and get Ryan and I laptops. And, if I save the receipt for the laptop, I can claim it as a deduction next year. In fact, the lady who prepared our taxes deducted my yearly cost of internet because I use it to work.

Pretty cool, right?

***************************************************

I am still holding steady at 42 pounds down. I have been eating poorly lately, so I am not surprised that I am not losing. I have already warned the entire family that once we get settled into the new place, we are all going on a diet.

Every. Single. One. Of. Us.

Wish me luck! lol!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wonderful news darlin'!! And the weight loss is fantabulous!!! Your photo on FB is lovely!!!hughugs

Natalie said...

Wow, 42 pounds- that is wonderful! Congratulations! Also, nice job on the tax deductions. Those are always nice, especially when they are unexpected.