Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For All Things...

...there is a reason.

The past few days I have been trying to figure out why my luck has gone in the crapper. Maybe luck is a wrong word choice, so let me explain.

I was doing really well with the paid posting. For a couple of months in a row I made over $750 a month. Then google took away my PR3. I thought this would be the perfect time to change that blog to a dot com. I do that, and the next day I get the PR3 back, but my blog no longer has that Url. That particular blog is now a PR0, and as most of you paid posters know, you don't get a lot of opps for with that ranking. I still have a PR2 on my kids blog, and have gotten a few opps for that one, but no where near what I was making.

I have been thinking about it, though, and believe there is a reason. All summer I have been tied to the computer, trying to grab opps when they become available. Maybe this is God's way of making me back off a little, and spend some quality time with my family. The past week has been great. I've been swimming with the girls, last night I sat on the kitchen floor with them and played with playdough. Today we went out to lunch and shopping, and I wasn't preoccupied, thinking about what opps I was missing. I enjoyed the time with my family, and the kids had a great time playing at the Chick-Fil-A playland. We seldom go here, so it was a treat for them.

My point? I am hoping that when google does another re-rank in the next couple of months, when the kids are back in school, that I get my PR3 back. Until then, I am going to enjoy my kids.

No comments: