Monday, October 19, 2009

Procrastination...Not The Best Way To Go

I waited too long, and the candle shop took down the help wanted sign.

Sigh.

Junior wasn't too happy about me going to work anyway, so in a way I guess it's a good thing. Brandi was furious and cried for hours when she found out I was going to apply, so I guess it's for the best.

It's not that Junior doesn't want me to work...he doesn't hold me hostage here...he is just afraid that the kids will lose their medicaid if I go to work...and we can not afford family coverage through his job. I mean, it's bad enough we don't have insurance...the kids NEED it, especially Ryan. Now I just have to hope that there is a page rank increase on one of my blogs.

Higher rank = more money.

Junior also fears having to deal with homework and supper and showers and all the evening things I would miss if I was working. I have a routine, and it works, but he hates following "orders", so he would do it his own way, and that is where things will go nuts. So for now, I will do my paid posts, and save money where I can.

I touched on this on my other blog, but it is something that is really on my mind right now.

Christmas.

I am trying not to get stressed out, because I know we always find a way to get the kids what they want. It's just that buying for my nieces and nephews is going to be tough. My sisters always spend more on my kids than I do on their kids, and I hate it that this year, I will be lucky to scrape together the money to spend even $5 per kid.

Sad, I know.

Junior is trying to sell some of his fishing rod holders...with my dad's help...and hopefully those will bring in some money. I am trying to see how long we can go without turning on the heat...that right there will save some money.

Even though it is supposed to be in the 30's tonight.

I think it's time to pull on the fuzzy socks.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Jenn...
Have you thought about selling your personalized signs on Craig's list? With the holidays coming they'd make unique and uncommon gifts....especially those room signs you made for all the kids.
Just a thought.

Mrs. Carney said...

And please don't worry about buying for my kids. Money has always stressed me out, especially at Christmas. I agree that it is nice to be able to buy for neices and nephews, but when you are on a fixed income (like you and me are because of only 1 income), I know what you mean about rather spending the money on your own. I hope that doesn't sound selfish, it's just difficult to buy for 10 or so other kids in addition to your own. Plus, I'm not as crafty as you so I can't get away with making cute stuff for them. :) I was thinking, I don't know if you'd be interested, but have you thought of looking into local preschools? That is a part-time job (that doesn't pay a whole lot!) but the hours are school hours or less and Junior could take you on his way to work in the morning and maybe take his lunch break when you get off so he could come and get you. Just a thought. . . I'll be praying for you. I do know the stress of living paycheck to paycheck as TJ and I did it for a long time, especially when we first moved back East after he got out of the AF and was unemployed for 6 months. We burned through our savings and lived off my income for a long time. Just remember that God will provide for all of your needs (Matthew 6:25-34)

Missy said...

Ok I know you were going to buy me a vacation getaway BUT if you really don't want to spend the money on me..I guess I'll understand. On the flip side, don't worry about money it will work out! :)

Sending hugs!
Missy

Tina said...

i hear you mate. im going to have to spend less this year. if people realize i have spent less on them they will have to do so on me next year!

me and xmas have a love hate relaitionship lol!!!

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack