Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another New Start

I am open for all, yet again! I know...this is my 4th blog. In the past I have had a hard time keeping up with this one, but for right now I am committed. I signed up for the beewell miles, and am really wanting to give it my all. I got up this morning, and put my pedometer on. So far, it's at 2451 steps, which isn't bad considering I have only been up about 4 hours, and haven't left the house. I am going to have Junior map me out a route to walk today. My first walk was cut short the other day because it started raining.

I have been trying to watch what I've been eating, and since Monday, I have lost five pounds. My goal is 30 pounds by October, although I am hoping it will be a bit more than that. But, I have learned that if I say 100 pounds, then I feel overwhelmed, and I give up in a week or two. So we'll stick with 30 for right now.

A woman I went to school with, who I recently found on facebook, has signed up too, and we are going to see who can walk the most next week. It will be fun to see who wins...this gives me a little more motivation, for sure. Anyone else want to get in on this?

I am going to try and start using fitday again next week, too, so I can see where I need to make some changes. I know Easter is next Sunday, and there will be losts of goodies in the house. It will be a big test of my willpower.

I guess that's about it for now. Junior should be home any second, and I want to take the kids to the park. Mostly so they can play, but also so I can get in some steps!

4 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

Congrats on the 5 pounds Jenn!

Missy said...

Yay on 5lbs! Way to go on setting goals and sticking with them! You are such an inspiration for me!
I will look into the beewell miles!

Donna said...

OhLord...I guess I'll get back on the treadmill again...I DO feel SO much better when I exercise!
You GO Girl!! You know how! I'm Proud of you for starting again!!!hughugs

Angie in T.O. said...

Hi Jenn,

I very recently started another Blog about my weight loss journey, and am glad I found your blog. I will be cheering you! Looking forward to following your progress. :)