Sunday, April 5, 2009

Total Steps...4/5

Took the kids to the park today. Instead of sitting with Junior and watching, Ryan and I took off for a little hike on the trail they have through the woods. It was about a mile and a half total walk, and it was kinda rough on this big girl. I was so hot when we got back...my face was beyond red...but I felt good. I took some awesome pictures...I'll get them on my picture blog soon.

My total for today...9999 steps. I know, one more step, I should have waited ten more seconds before taking it off. But, I'm being honest here, so that's what I did. Better than yesterday, hopefully I'll do even better tomorrow. I just hope I don't get woken up with a Charlie Horse tomorrow morning. My left knee has been giving me trouble since we got home...it keeps buckling and I keep almost falling. I hope I didn't twist it on the trail.

It's not easy for this big girl to do the things she used to do...how sad is it that at 37 I am saying that. But...that is why I am on this journey...to get fit...and healthy...so I can do everything!

2 comments:

Donna said...

This is a great blog, thank you! I was looking for breast reduction surgeons recently and ran into The Patients Advantage. They have a great way to find the best surgeons and it is completely free. Check them out (www.ThePatientsAdvantage.com).

Jennifer said...

sorry that your knee was bothering you... but hope it's feeling better now...
good for you and Ryan to go for a hike... i can't wait till it's a lot warmer out here, we have been trying but yesterday it started off being about 30 degrees out here... YUCK!! but no excuses, I need to get my steps higher for each day... i'm not doing too good and i'm not doing my own personal goal of 10,000 a day... i'm letting myself down... but i can do it... and i will. i have to get my butt in gear.

you on the other hand... are doing sooo damn good. i'm so proud of you Jenn!! and I hope you are proud of yourself too!!

you are doing everything. i'm not sure what you are talking about...
this "big girl" but the Jenn I know is PERFECT and beautiful and doing things to make HERSELF feel better and be healthier!! :) and the Jenn I know is totally AWESOME!!

xoxoxo
love YOU!!