Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Big Step For Me

I wore a bathing suit today in front of my mom.  I wasn't even self-conscience, though I probably should have been.  But whatever.  I had fun swimming with the kids in the pool, and that's the important thing.  I didn't sit in the shade and watch the fun...I was a part of it!

You guys have no idea how big a step this was for me. 

Now next weekend, my sister will be there, and we'll see how comfortable I am in front of her.  And then the following weekend, my aunt and Grandmother will be here.  Hopefully by then I won't care who sees me! lol!

Oh, and I should probably mention that I am a freakin' lobster right now.  When will I learn???

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I am so excited for you, Jenn !! That rocks!! :) I haven't worn a swimsuit since high school. We had an indoor pool and part of gym was swimming for six weeks. I hated that!!

Dawn said...

Also... you need to get some sunscreen !! :)

jenn said...

I do need to get sunscreen. The girls got a little red today, even though we waited until the late afternoon to swim.

Crystal said...

Good for you!!! Sounds like for the next few weeks u'll be able to take baby steps in uping ur self esteem! Girl I haven't worn a bathing suit in public since 1993. Oh how sad. Love the water and everything about summer and staying cool. Like I said on my plastic surgery post..the gym and healthy eating not gonna fix my problem..

jenn said...

Crystal ~ I have spent so many years watching other people have fun...this year I decided that I am going to be a part of that...and it's absolutely wonderful! My sister was at my mom's yesterday, and complimented me on my suit, which was nice. For some reason I have a new attitude this summer, and I am loving it!

And girl, if i can do it, you can do it, too!