Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Therapy

Yesterday the kids joined Junior and I for a therapy session.  We played a game called "The Ungame", and it was pretty fun.  Basically, landing on different spaces has us doing different things, like answering questions from cards or making up our own questions to ask each other.  The kids were nice, mostly, when they answered about me, and sarcastic when answering questions about Junior.  I think I came off as the one who tries to keep the kids in line, while Junior just egged them on.  I am very interested to see what our therapists are going to say about us when we have a regular session in two weeks.

My last post was about what my Grandmother said to me, and I have been thinking about that quite a bit.  Not what she said so much, but how I reacted to it.  (oh, and I know I put giggle instead of jiggle...I just realized that re-reading the post...I need to fix that!)  In the past, a comment like that would have crushed me.  I would have probably cried about it, and then spent the rest of the day (or week) miserable, because I probably wouldn't have put on a bathing suit in front of her.

This new me, though?  I let it slide right off my back.  I got up from the table, put on my suit, and jumped into the pool.  I know, now, how much I have changed in the past year.  I don't think I really realized it before then.  I have a little bit of confidence now, and it feels great! 

8 comments:

Crystal said...

GOOD FOR YOU !

jenn said...

Thanks Crystal! I am seriously feeling like a different person these days, and I love it!

Donna said...

How Wonderful for You Sweetie! You Go Girl!!Hahaa
hughugs

jenn said...

Miss Donna ~ I am having a good time discovering who I am going to be...is that weird for a 38 year old?

Crystal said...

Not at all Jenn. I'll be 37 Monday and i'm STILL discovering about who I will become. I think we'll finally find out OH in about 40 years, lol!

jenn said...

Crystal ~ it's crazy, isn't it? You would think that by this point in life, we would have some idea of who we are, yet certain events can change everything. I really hope I continue down this path I am on...

Jeannette said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I added a new section on my Hippo with a headband site for your button and the buttons of my other friends striving to be healthier. :0)

jenn said...

Thanks Jeannette!